Seamless LED Displays Offer Many Advantages Over Older Technology
Let Content Be The Driving Force
Content should be the primary driving force behind any new video wall display. But you don’t want to compromise your arresting content with visual interference, like bezels separating tiled LCD displays. Advances in LED display technology are rapidly driving down prices, and are leading to an increased adoption of seamless LED displays. This is good news for businesses that are looking for ways to display eye-catching content to attract the customer’s attention.
Businesses need a display that delivers a high impact message with uninterrupted content. Many technologies can be leveraged to create a video wall, and customers can choose from tiled or discrete LCD flat panels, rear-projection cubes, or projection, among other options. While each option has its pros and cons, seamless LED displays are increasingly delivering a number of important advantages over older technologies.
Today’s seamless direct-view LED display technology is compact, slim, and lightweight because RGB LED diodes are fixed directly onto circuit boards (known as SMD) which reduces the space required for complex wiring. This makes for a very compact design that provides brightness far beyond projection, enhanced contrast due to superior black levels, impressive color uniformity, and a general image quality that (depending on pixel pitch and viewing distance) can even rival an LCD monitor. It also lacks the unsightly bezels that can dramatically interfere with your content. That means businesses no longer need to erect legacy jumbotron technology, build tiled walls with LCD TVs, or invest heavily in proprietary rear projection modules.
All The Variety In One Display
In addition, traditional displays typically allow for only one video signal, or message, to be displayed. A seamless LED display by comparison, can display multiple signals and sources within various user-defined zones. This allows a business to deliver much more dynamic and impactful content on each display.
Another major advantage of seamless LED displays over older technologies is their flexibility. Direct-view LED displays come in various aspect ratios and sizes as well as in curveable and flexible varieties that can be easily shaped to fit practically any space. In addition to standard video formats, a business can make a long ribbon display or a display that wraps around a curved space. Displays can even be in the shape of a cube, pyramid, or column. The possibilities are truly endless.
Seamless LED displays offer a number of benefits when compared to other technology including:
- Brightness – specifically outdoor daylight visibility – is better.
- Viewing angles are equal or superior
- Power consumption is comparable
- LCD tiled walls have limitations in terms of daisy-chaining multiple screens, whereas LED panel walls can be expanded to enormous sizes
- Modules and components can be quickly and affordably replaced instead of entire panels or displays. (Serviceability should always be factored into the cost of ownership.)
- LED has better black levels than most LCD displays
- The lifetime of typical LED panels is upwards of 100,000 hours (11.5 years). This is better than most LCD TVs.
- LED displays have cableless connectivity options while most LCD TVs do not
- LED displays have better curving ability due to the modularity and panel size
Get Started With Seamless LED
To learn more about the advantages of LED displays for your business, give us a call at 877-356-3684 and speak with one of our experts. If you already have a specific project in mind, feel free to fill out a rental or sales quote request and we’ll guide you through the whole process.